Frequently Asked Questions
What days are you open?
* 7 days a week, 365 days per year
What are your hours?
* Our Laundromat is open 7 am - 10 pm, with last load 8:30 pm. We are open on holidays.
* Our Customer Service Counter: Winter Hours are Monday - Friday 9 am - 2 pm. Summer Hours are 9 am - 6 pm. Our Customer Service Counter is closed on holidays.
Is someone available to teach me how to use the machines and answer my laundry questions?
* We are working toward being staffed during all of our operational hours, but have not yet reached this goal. At this time at least one member of our staff is available to assist you during our customer service hours: Monday - Friday 7 am - 7 pm. Closed on holidays.
What payment options do you offer?
* Cash, charge cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay
What size machines do you have?
* Washers: 20 lb, 30 lb, 40 lb, 60 lb, 90 lb - all express. Also top loads, which are not express.
* Dryers: 30 lb express, and 50 lb reversing express
How long will it take to wash and dry my clothing?
* Most laundry can be washed and dried within 1 - 1-1/2 hours, depending on the type of laundry and whether you use our front load machines which spin faster and extract more water, or our top load machines which are not able to remove as much water.
Am I allowed to leave while my laundry is in the machine?
* You can leave but HeartSong is not responsible for your clothes. Clothing left in any machine following end of cycle is subject to removal so that others can use the machine. Any clothing left on the premises will be donated.
Are animals allowed?
* We love animals, but some of our customers have allergies or concerns that contraindicate the presence of our furry and sometimes not-so-furry friends. As a result, animals are not allowed on the premises with the exception of service dogs.
Can I use the dryers if I do not use the washers?
* Only with permission from the attendant on duty or the owner. Everything placed in our dryers must be freshly washed in a washing machine with soap. This helps preserve the cleanliness of our machines for our customers.
How much soap do I use?
Follow the instructions on the detergent label or ask an attendant for assistance.
* When using a 2x machine, use the amount of detergent for two loads.
* When using a 3x machine, use the amount of detergent for three loads.
* When using a 4x machine, use the amount of detergent for four loads.
* When using a 6x machine, use the amount of detergent for six loads.
* When using a 9x machine, use the amount of detergent for nine loads.
Can I use detergent pods in your washing machines?
Yes. Pods are inserted directly into the washing chamber with your clothing. Please do not place them in the detergent compartment as they will not dissolve and your clothing will not get clean.
WASH & FOLD
Do you treat stains?
* We do our best to eliminate stains. However, we do not make any guarantees. Please note that stains which require scrubbing are provided with an additional "Super Scrub" charge of $10 per 10 minutes.
Do you remove odors?
* We do our best to eliminate all odors. However, we do not make any guarantees.
Do you offer same day service?
* When possible, contingent on staffing and our prior laundry commitments. It is always worth asking! Please note that same day service is $2.15 per pound with a $25 minimum.
Do you treat grease and grime?
* Yes! We super scrub for an additional $10/15 minutes.
Do you wash heavily soiled clothing or bedding?
* We do not accept anything with feces or urine. Once the items are rinsed/hosed off and free of all feces and secretions, we can accept them for laundering.
Anything I should do to prepare my laundry for your wash 'n fold service?
* Yes! Please empty all pockets! We do our best to make certain any items left in your pockets are returned to you, but that is not our responsibility.
What is your turn around time for having my clothes ready for pick up?
* We try our best to have your laundry ready for pick up within 24 hours on weekdays. However, some times it is necessary to increase this turnaround temporarily to 48 hours. Same Day Service available at our discretion. Please ask! Additional charge applies.
Do you have a bathroom I can use?
* We have a bathroom available for our customers, but we have the right to refuse use.
Do you have wifi?
Do you have plug ins for my electronic device?
HeartSong's Workspace offers USB charging and an electrical strip for your electronic needs.
Do you have vending?
* Yes, snacks and drinks. We also have a new soap vending machine!
Do you have anything for my children?
* We have a "Children's Literacy Center" that offers children's books and magazines, magnetic alphabet, drawing supplies and games. Parents are encouraged to read with their children. Please note that parents are responsible for supervising their children at all times in our laundry.